Wednesday, February 4, 2015

too many have left the earth

There comes to a point in life when you are somewhat haunted by the amount of people you have known in this lifetime that have passed on. At least this has happened to me lately. I am overcome with the sadness of never being in their presence again. It is not a crying type sadness but, more of a what-the-heck-is-life-all-about-anyways type of sadness. I mean we live and grow with hopes and dreams in those younger years. As the years pass us by we live and learn so much along the way.  Then, suddenly, (it seems) our elders disappear and we...we are the elders. It happens rather unexpectantly, as, try as we might, we cannot prepare for the accumulation of all these deaths and the toll it takes on our life prospective. Yet, we can overcome and rise above this ongoing fact of life. We know that after more time has passed, we will certainly be grounded again and absorbed in our lives. But, for right now...it feels heavy and exhausting and serious. A positive attitude is in order and I will keep searching for it until I find it once again.....and I will hold on to it for dear life!

No comments:

Post a Comment